No other book focuses on the negotiation aspect of collective bargaining from a co-operative mutual-gains perspective. Fully illustrated with practical and current examples, this resource analyzes and prescribes strategies, tactics and checklists for the benefit of both parties involved.
The second edition discusses recent labour negotiations from across Canada and the United States, including those that have been the subject of articles such as:
- The National Hockey League lockout in 2004
- The Kaiser Permanente national agreement
- The Giant Mine strike in Yellowknife
New negotiation topics include:
- Making the first offer
- Creating value in negotiation
- Investigative negotiation
- Strategies for dealing with hidden constraints
- Developing the worst alternative to a negotiated agreement ("WATNA")
Benefit from this practical approach to negotiating fair and lasting agreements of all types.