HANDI-GUIDE to British Columbia's OH&S Act, Regulation and Code - 2018 Edition contains the complete and current Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations in B.C
Editor: Don Buchanan
This handy up-to-date in-the-field reference contains the full text of Part 3 of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation plus six interpretive chapters. Durable, light-weight, practical – it's a perfect fit in your glove box, at the office or on any worksite. It is a great safety tool for supervisors, workers and safety leaders. It helps with worker training and increases worker and supervisor awareness of their responsibilities under workplace safety law. The 2019 edition of the BC HANDI-GUIDE includes updated commentary and content related to a wide range of important regulatory amendments.
New in this edition:
- current version of the OHS Regulation and Part 3 (OHS) of the Workers Compensation Act
- a summary listing of the most recent, numerous changes to key Parts of the OHS Regulation (in effect June 2019); including key amendments relating to safety headgear, PPE, concrete falsework and formwork, blasting operations, buoyancy equipment for fishing operations, and more
- listing of anticipated changes to other Parts of the OHS Regulation later in 2019, e.g., mobile equipment and consequential amendments to other Parts; PPE (high visibility apparel), blasting, and construction (equipment inspection)
- updates on numerous recently published guidelines associated with different Parts of the OHS Regulation; including policy and guidelines tied to Part 24 - Diving, Fishing and Other Marine Operations
The guide also covers:
- the most important regulatory developments in 2019 (up to the time of publication), along with the main developments in 2018; plus historical background commentary that reviews several important regulatory and policy changes from 2015 to 2017
- updated OHS Penalty amounts, plus discussion of compliance agreements and stop work orders, the Partners Program, WorkSafeBC’s High Risk Strategies and Industry Initiatives for 2019, updated TLVs/OELs
- review of Lower Maximum Administrative Penalties Regulation (LMAPR) in force under the Act, also referred to informally as the OHS Citations Regulation; this is for non-high-risk penalties up to $1065
- WHMIS 2015 in full force under BC’s OHS legislation, with commentary on the main elements of WHMIS 2015
- tips on navigating the WorkSafeBC website, and how to get more access to regulatory information, including policies, guidelines and OHS best practices
For employers and workers, it pays to keep in-the-know about regulatory change, from year to year. The BC HANDI-GUIDE helps inform you and contributes to a positive workplace health and safety culture in your organization. Keep a copy of the HANDI-GUIDE on your desk, in your truck and at other workplace locations so that employees and supervisors will have fast access to a handy, up-to-date reference.
Work safe and be informed, with the 2019 BC HANDI-GUIDE!
Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is a professional grade eBook platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever and wherever you want. Now you can access HANDI-GUIDE to British Columbia's OHS Regulation - 2019 Edition from our iPad, Android or desktop apps or directly from your web browser.*
*Thomson Reuters ProView is not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students. iPad is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Visit www.carswell.com/proview for more information.