A comprehensive, easy-to-use resource of municipal law and practice
Ontario Municipal Law: A User's Guide is a comprehensive, easy-to-use resource of municipal law and practice. It provides municipalities, including councils and council members, clerks and other municipal officers, municipal and personal injury lawyers, and anyone interested in the powers and responsibilities of Ontario municipalities with answers to complex questions.
Click here to download a free checklist. (PDF)
Features of the 2018 edition include:
- The key municipal statutes, fully annotated with case law and applicable regulations:
- Municipal Act, 2001
- Municipal Conflict of Interest Act
- Municipal Elections Act, 1996
- 32 practical statutory checklists clarifying the legislative requirements
- Current to October 2017, legislative amendments include those introduced by former Bill 68 – now the Modernization Act, S.O. 2017, c. 10, presented as follows:
- Amendments in force earlier than October 2017 have been incorporated into the full text of the Act;
- Amendments to have come into force on January 1, 2018, have also been incorporated into the full text of the Act;
- Amendments to come into force March 1, 2019, as well as those that have not yet been proclaimed, accompany the full text of the Act and appear in grey shading.