From "courting" (the search for employees), "engagement" (hiring) and "marriage" (maintaining the employment relationship), to "separation" (dealing with employee issues) and "divorce" (employee dismissal, resignation or retirement), this resource provides the insight and direction you need to effectively manage each stage.
This text is an easy-to-read reference on employment law issues across Canada. It can be read cover to cover to get the full scope of the employment relationship, or it can be referenced by topic so you can quickly find the information you are looking for.
Written by two leading authorities who share their knowledge, tips and techniques with you on the law and how to apply it, you can get answers to your most pressing employment questions efficiently.
This new edition provides up-to-date guidance on key topics such as
- The end of mandatory retirement
- Inducing breach of contract
- Enforceability of restrictive covenants
- Dependent contractors
- Privacy issues in the workplace
- Employment standards
- Duty to accommodate
- The new human rights regime in Ontario
- Occupational health and safety offences
- Legislation addressing workplace violence and harassment
- Constructive dismissal, just cause, reasonable notice
- Calculating dismissal damages post Keays v. Honda Canada Inc.