This is a handbook for employment and labour lawyers and H.R. professionals essentially comprised of Part IV of Mr. Justice John R. Sproat's classic supplemented looseleaf Work: Employment Law Manual: Wrongful Dismissal, Human Rights and Employment Standards.
Topics covered include:
- Definitions and Application of the Employment Standards Act (Ontario)
- Leaves of absence, including pregnancy leave, parental leave, emergency leave and rights during leaves of absence
- Termination of employment, termination pay, notice provisions, severance pay
- Protection against reprisals
- Administration and enforcement of the Act including investigations, reviews by the Ontario Labour Relations Board, limitation periods, settlement and claims.
What's new for the Employment Standards Act Handbook, 2nd Edition:
- Updated legislation and regulations, including various new leave provisions
- New cases discussing emerging topics, including:
- Liability of Corporate Officers, Directors and Agents
- Determination of payroll calculation to determine if severance pay is required
- Excess Hours of Work Agreements
- Leaves of Absence
- Class proceedings and remedies