Comprehensive, portable, and easy-to-use – A one-stop working tool for legal professionals, judges, students, and others working in or associated with the Ontario Small Claims Court.
Compiled by Justice Zuker, this text is a valued, one-stop working tool for legal professionals, judges, students, and anyone else working in or associated with the Ontario Small Claims Court. Consolidated Ontario Small Claims Court Statutes, Regulations and Rules 2017-2018 provides users with access to a wealth of detailed information that includes:
- Introductory notes on selected provincial and federal legislation
- Detailed reference chart highlighting context in which legislation is to be used
- All statutes and regulations most often used in Ontario Small Claims Court
- A complete and central source of applicable, relevant, and up-to-date laws and regulations
New in this Edition:
- All amendments to the Rules of the Small Claims Court and its Forms up to and including O. Reg. 488/16 are included.
- Ontario legislation is current to date to Ontario Gaz. Vol. 150:19 (May 13, 2017) and federal legislation current to Canada Gaz. Pt. II, Vol. 151:9 (May 3, 2017)
- Updated Small Claims Court Location Finder, which sets out the Small Claims Court location for all cities/towns and counties/districts in Ontario.
- Updated Introduction which also includes the author’s comments on Ontario’s Burden Reduction Act, 2017 (Royal Assent March 22, 2017), the repeal of the Bulk Sales Act and Bill 59, Putting Consumers First Act.