The latest developments in the Insurance Companies Act at your fingertips
The rules and policies by which Canadian insurance companies are regulated are extensive and continually changing. It is therefore important to be able to find, and navigate through, all of the current sources of regulation. The Consolidated Insurance Companies Act of Canada, Regulations and Guidelines allows you to do just that and with the confidence that you have the latest developments at your fingertips. This affordable handbook serves as the perfect reference to the relevant rules and policies. This book is a complete portable reference source for the federal legislation and regulations governing insurers and for the administrative guidelines that supplement the regulatory regime. Each section of the Insurance Companies Act is cross-referenced to other relevant sections of the Act as well as to any related regulations and any related guidelines issued by the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and designated as Guidelines, Instructions, Instruction Guides, Advisories, Fee Schedules, Forms or Rulings. The book also includes the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Act and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act and those parts of the Regulations under those Acts that affect insurers. An extensive index makes for easy access by subject to all of the documents that are included, in their full text, in the book.
- Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test, Guideline A (draft)
- Margin Requirements for Non-Centrally Cleared Derivatives, Guideline E-22
- Minimum Capital Test (MCT) for Federally Regulated Property and Casualty Insurance Companies, Guideline A
- Own Risk and Solvency Assessment, Guideline E-19 (draft)
- Regulatory Capital and Internal Capital Targets, Guideline A-4 (draft)
- Corporate Governance Guideline (draft)
- Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT) Public Disclosure Requirements (draft) Guideline
- Residential Mortgages Underwriting Practices and Procedures (draft), Guideline B-20
Thomson Reuters ProView ®
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
Visit carswell.com/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView ebooks.