A detailed and authoritative "how-to" guide to the entire construction process
Conduct of a Lien Action 2018 is a detailed and authoritative “how-to” guide to the entire construction lien process – from the first interview through all the steps of litigation, to final judgment, appeal and sale of the land. It includes extensive contributions from the Toronto Masters’ Office and survey results on lien practice in all judicial districts in Ontario.
The publication provides readers with a detailed overview of the fundamentals of the practice, ensuring that even non-specialists can take on cases with confidence.
The 2018 edition includes:
- Discussion of all cases that have shaped or changed the practice of lien law in Ontario over the last year
- Discussion of reform recommendations of construction credit legislation in Ontario, including the adoption of a prompt payment regime and statutory adjudication
- Discussion and excerpts of Bill 142, the Construction Lien Amendment Act, 2017
- Updates to precedents used in the Ontario Court of Justice in matters of the Construction Lien Act
- Discussion of cases analyzing claims for liens involving union members, claims for unjust enrichment and the extent of a master’s powers on a motion for summary judgment