Brand Management in Canadian Law, 4th Edition
is the only publication in Canada that brings together the legal and business issues that you need to understand when helping clients reach their business objectives through branding.
Now in its fourth edition, Brand Management in Canadian Law
is written in easy-to-understand language by a specialist in intellectual property and marketing matters. Current case law, expert analysis, summaries and checklists make this unique publication an exceptional and thoughtful guide for gaining a clear understanding and overview of the branding process and the legal issues associated with it.
Covering a wide range of topics from choosing a brand name to protecting your brand in cyber space, this text has value for both legal and marketing departments. Explore the branding process and how existing Canadian laws apply. Discover the impact of consumer perceptions on a brand and the legal implications. Learn about the legal issues associated with brand equity, leverage and integration. Find out why effective brand management policies are so critical in today's competitive marketplace.
New in this edition
- An update of the branding principles
- An update of relevant case law since the previous edition
- A review of the amendments to the Trade-marks Act currently passed but not brought into force
- A new section on the new gTLDs
- A new section on the Uniform Rapid Suspension System
- A new section on the Federal Anti-Spam legislation, CASL
- New section on branding and social media
- A new section on the New Border Enforcement Regime Implemented by the Combating Counterfeit Products Act